Missing college student found alive and naked in basement of a man she met online

Missing college student found alive and naked in basement of a man she met online

A 19-year-old college student from Utah was found alive in the basement coal room of a 39-year-old man’s house five days after she went missing.

Madelyn Allen, 19, was rescued from a basement, where she was found naked and covered in coal, after vanishing last week when she went to see a man she had met in an online chatroom.

Brent Brown, 39, has been charged with rape and kidnapping over the disappearance of Madelyn Allen, a student at Snow College in the Utah city of Ephraim.

Allen was reunited with her family following her dramatic rescue on Saturday, Dec. 18, five days after she disappeared from the campus.

Madelyn Allen vanished on Monday, Dec. 13, when she was seen leaving her dorm at Snow College in Ephraim in central Utah at around 9.22pm.

Madelyn leaving her dorm room

Police have said that she was found south of the city in Wayne County at the home of a man now being held on suspicion of obstruction of justice, aggravated kidnapping, rape, and object rape, according to court documents. He has not yet been charged with any crime.

Snow College Police Chief Derek Walk told reporters on Sunday, Dec. 19: “We don’t have a lot of information about him. We met him for the first time last night. We don’t know how extensive his relationship or her knowledge of him is thus far.”

“This is an ongoing investigation,” he added. “There are certain aspects we are still digging into and trying to understand fully.”

According to a probable cause affidavit filed on Sunday in the 6th District Court in Manti, Ms Allen first met the man in a group chat on the messaging app KIK, and they decided that he would pick her up on 13 December.

Surveillance footage from Snow College shows Ms Allen leaving her dorm on Monday night. Her roommates reported her missing when she didn’t come back the following day. Legal filings state that Ms Allen’s relationship with the 39-year-old man became violent and nonconsensual over the subsequent days.

He reportedly took her phone, only letting her text her family once to say “I love you” early on 14 December. The text alarmed her family, leading to the contacting law enforcement.

Legal filings also state that he tied her up while he was at work, discarded her phone when he found out that law enforcement was searching for her, took her wallet, and “threatened her, saying if she left or told anyone about him, he would come after her family and sister”Latest Post