Chinese vet, 53, dies of deadly Monkey B virus after catching it in lab

Chinese vet, 53, dies of deadly Monkey B virus after catching it in lab



Chinese authorities have confirmed their first human death from the horrific monkey B virus.



The virus is a form of herpes which normally only occurs in primates but can cause nausea, vomiting, fever, headache, fatigue, muscle pains, and blistering in humans.



The Chinese Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CCDC) said the 53-year-old vet died in May after dissecting two dead primates, believed to be macaques, as part of his experimental research.



The man reportedly experienced symptoms of the virus after working on the animals and eventually died in hospital.



The CCDC warned anyone working on primates they could be potentially harmed by the infection, which rarely jumps from monkeys to humans, according to RT.Latest Post Follow us on Google newsTwitter and on Facebook
Previous Post Next Post